Save the Date for THRIVE 2017!
Saturday, November 4th
Look below for a list of last year’s
amazing vendors, fabulous offerings and lucky winners!
And feel free to make an online donation at ANY time of the year!
Navigating Cancer the Body/Mind/Spirit Way
What we accomplished together with THRIVE during the past three years has been nothing short of miraculous! We’ve raised almost $20,000 and ripples from the 2014, 2015 and 2016 THRIVE events continue to reach into our community, benefiting individuals who are recovering from cancer.
After using funds raised in 2014 to help provide local Yoga4Cancer training for twenty-four yoga teachers from twelve states, THRIVE 2015 and 2016 proceeds allowed us to create and continue 2 FREE weekly Yoga for Cancer classes at Yoga for Life.
On Saturday, October 29th, we celebrated THRIVE 2016 — our 3rd Annual benefit to bring needed community wellness services to individuals undergoing treatment for all types of cancer. And the event was a blast — free classes, fun activities, delicious free food, retail vendors with cool stuff, fabulous raffle prizes (including an oceanfront condo for a weekend) and MORE! In addition to gathering our community of wellness and inviting new participants, we met our audacious goal of raising more than $7,500 to accomplish the important goal of continuing to offer FREE weekly yoga classes to cancer survivors and their caregivers. We hope to add even more support classes and services to our schedule during 2017.
Be sure to check out all of the GREAT STUFF below, but please consider taking a moment to click here and make an online donation right now! It couldn’t be easier! In special recognition of your generosity, all donors of $500 or more will receive One Private Yoga Session and all donors of $150 or more will receive a 2-Class Pass.
THRIVE SCHEDULE OF FREE CLASSES
Yoga classes are suitable for individuals in treatment for cancer,
their caregivers and members of our wellness community.
Click here to reserve your space.
(So that all of our guests can participate, please register for only one class.)
- 9:00 – Breath/Body/Mind w/Karen
- 10:30 – Yoga for Cancer w/April & Merritt
- 12:00 – Self-Defense for Women w/Leslie Snow
- 1:30 – Gentle Stretch Yoga w/Hampton
- 3:00 – Music/Meditation/Raffle Drawings
- Richard Campbell – Music & Drumming
- Barbara Saul – Sound Meditation
Find great deals for holiday gift-giving AND buy something special for yourself. All vendors contributed generously to THRIVE from sales made at this special event.
Catherine Anderson Studio
Creative Books, Cards and Art
Originate Handcrafted Jewelry
Gorgeous Jewelry at Reasonable Prices
Triskelle Cute Shoes
Imported Sandals for Fashionable Yogi Feet
Yoga for Life
Yoga Accessories, Books, Clothing, Body Products and More
FOOD – Fresh and delicious food from local stores and restaurants were served from 11:30-1:30 and is sure to be a highlight of the day. Be sure to schedule your day to have a FREE bite to eat with us — Enjoy!
- Beverly’s Gourmet Foods
- Healthy Home Market
- Laurel Market
- Panera Bread
- Pasta & Provisions
- Picante Mexican Grill
- Rhino Market & Deli
- The Naked Tart
THRIVE’s 2016 Raffle offered 30 prizes — quality goods and professional services — valued at almost $5,000! Prizes included yoga (of course), art, energy and body work services, learning opportunities, counseling sessions, retail items, travel, technology, gift cards and more! As an added enhancement, this year’s THRIVE raffle allowed ticket purchasers to direct their tickets to the prizes they most wanted to win! Winners names are listed in bold.
A favorite from last year, this year’s THRIVE raffle included an
Oceanfront Condo at Myrtle Beach for December 9-11 – Christine Rosati-Dalton
- Catherine Anderson – Collage Labyrinth Online Workshop – April Hughey
- Catherine Anderson – Soul Collage as a Creative Self-Care Practice Online Workshop – Dawn Adams
- Bare Market – Natural Skin Care Products #1 – Barbara Lembo
- Bare Market – Natural Skin Care Products #2 – Barbara Saul
- Bergamot Cove – Organic Body Care Products – Dawn Adams
- Caly’s Kitchen – Gluten Free Baking Mixes Made Awesome – Peggy Geiger
- Carolina Thai Healing Arts – 60-Minute Massage #1 – Carol Blackwelder
- Carolina Thai Healing Arts – 60-Minute Massage #2 – Monica Lopez
- Center for the Healing Arts – 30-Minute Reiki Session – Barbara Westphal
- Louise Clark Tech & Design – 6-Page WordPress Blog/Website – Marie Theriault
- Anne Cowie – Paste Paper Workshop – Phyllis Riddlesberger
- Lynne Dulken – Framed Alcohol Ink Painting – Aidan Williams
- Christy Duncan Massage – 1-Hour Medicupping Session – Happy Mullen
- Gail Goforth – One Full Body Massage – Donna Baker
- Healing Touch by Carole – One Healing Touch Session – Watson Burts
- April Hughey – Handmade Ornamental Ceramic Bowl – Frank Villaronga
- Maureen Marhayla Mischinski – Healing Shamanic Stone Reading Session (60 min.) – Christine Miles
- Maureen Marhayla Mischinski – Shamanic Healing Session Session (90 min.) – Nancy Norman
- Nancy Norman, LCSW – Three 1-Hour Counseling Sessions – Chandana Sreerambhatla-Uppuluri
- Organic Nails by Adrianna – Organic Manicure/Pedicure – Barbara Yacek
- Originate Handcrafted Jewelry – Hand Cut Metal and Stone Necklace – Beth Wells
- Tim Sheaffer – Water Study #2 – Acrylic on Wood Panel – Frank Villaronga
- Jeffrey Shoaf – 1-Hour Therapeutic Massage – Gail Goforth
- Style FX Hair Studio – Partial Highlights w/Root Color & Haircut – Melanie Mosberg
- The Bag Lady – $25 Gift Card – Arlene Roman
- Triskelle Cute Shoes – One Pair La Marine Sandals – Donna Baker
- Sara Trexler Vavra – 1-Hour of Wellness & Bodywork – Marty Garges
- VinMasters – 2 Tickets Wine Taste & Learn – Vicki Hopkis
- Yoga for Life – 5-Class Pass & More – Monica Lopez
Some of the finest healers in Charlotte will be on site to offer samples of their amazing services. You may sign up at the event for a 15 minute session of Chair Massage, Healing Touch or Reiki. Donations for these services are not required, but are gratefully accepted.
9:00 a.m. to Noon
Carole Bale – Healing Touch
Healing Touch by Carole
Corie Dulken – Chair Massage
Nature’s Spa & Wellness
Miri Klements & Tammy Schoolcraft – Reiki
Reiki for Wellness
Noon to 3:00 p.m.
Liz Kriz – Chair Massage
Carolina Thai Healing Arts
Barbara Saul – Reiki
How Can You Participate?
- Save the Date – The 2017 Date is Saturday, November 4!
- Click HERE to donate online. No amount is too little or too great! In special recognition of your generosity, all donors of $500 or more will receive One Private Yoga Session and all donors of $150 or more will receive a 2-Class Pass.
- Register for a FREE Class — online or at the studio. Click here and scroll to October 29 to register now!
- Purchase Raffle Tickets. Buy early and often!
- Invite everyone you know — friends, neighbors and family. Encourage them to join us in making the 3nd Annual THRIVE event a wonderful success in every way!
Thanks in advance for your participation to help yoga teachers support cancer patients in our community!