Navigating Cancer the Body/Mind/Spirit Way
What we accomplished together with THRIVE during the past three years has been nothing short of miraculous! We’ve raised almost $20,000 and ripples from the 2014, 2015 and 2016 THRIVE events continue to reach into our community, benefiting individuals who are recovering from cancer.
After using funds raised in 2014 to help provide local Yoga4Cancer training for twenty-four yoga teachers from twelve states, THRIVE 2015 and 2016 proceeds allowed us to create and continue 2 FREE weekly Yoga for Cancer classes at Yoga for Life.
On Saturday, November 4, we will celebrate THRIVE 2017 — our 4th Annual benefit to bring needed community wellness services to individuals undergoing treatment for all types of cancer. And the event will be a blast — free classes, fun activities, delicious free food, retail vendors with cool stuff, fabulous raffle prizes and MORE! Because of the generosity of our community, THRIVE 2017 will include an exciting new feature — a Silent Art Auction with more than a dozen amazing pieces of both hanging and 3-dimensional art.
Be sure to check out all of the GREAT STUFF below, but please consider taking a moment to click HERE and make an online donation right now! It couldn’t be easier! In special recognition of your generosity, all donors of $500 or more will receive One Private Yoga Session and all donors of $200 or more will receive a 2-Class Pass.
THRIVE SCHEDULE OF FREE CLASSES
Yoga classes are suitable for individuals in treatment for cancer,
their caregivers and members of our wellness community.
Click here to reserve your space.
So that all of our guests can participate, please register for only one movement class.
ALL are welcome for Dr. Mokari’s lecture/Q&A at Noon!
- 9:00 – Breath/Body/Mind w/Karen Williams
- 10:30 – Elixir Qigong w/Marie Theriault
- 12:00 – Preventative Medicine: Practical Wisdom w/Babak Mokari, D.O.
- 1:30 – Chi Walking w/Hal Smith
- 3:00 – Music/Meditation/Raffle Drawings
- Richard Campbell – Music & Drumming
- Beth Brown – Harp & Singing Bowls
Find great deals for holiday gift-giving AND buy something special for yourself. All vendors will contribute to THRIVE from sales made at this special event.
Henna Designs: Original Wearable Art
Judith Wood Pottery
Wheel Thrown & Altered Functional Ware
Care. Wear. Share
Open Soul Yoga & Home
Yoga Inspired Handmade Accessories, Gift and Decor
Triskelle Cute Shoes
Imported Sandals for Fashionable Yogi Feet
Yoga for Life
Yoga Accessories, Books, Clothing, Body Products and More
FOOD – Fresh and delicious food from local stores and restaurants will be served from 11:30-1:30 and is guaranteed to be a highlight of the day. Be sure to schedule your day to have a FREE bite to eat with us — Enjoy!
- Beverly’s Gourmet Foods
- Clean Juice
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Laurel Market
- Nourish Charlotte
- Pasta & Provisions
- Picante Mexican Grill
- Pinky’s Westside Grill
- Rhino Market & Deli
- Savor Cafe’ & Catering
- The Naked Tart
SILENT ART AUCTION
Talented artists regularly display their amazing creations at Centered Wellness and we are grateful to be surrounded by such beauty. We called on these individuals to help with THRIVE and their responses were monumental. In mid-October, we will hang a dozen or more pieces of wall art and display a variety of 3-dimensional art to support THRIVE’s fundraising efforts. All you need to do is bid generously on art from the following artists and take some fabulous pieces home with you:
- Wil Bosbyshel
- Anne Cowie
- Lynne Dulken
- John Eft
- Dana Endsley
- Teri Fridley
- Jonathan Grauel
- April Hughey – Pottery
- Helms Jarrell – Pottery
- Originate Handcrafted Jewelry – Necklace
- Tim Scheaffer
- Kate Vasseur
- Beth Vogt
- Debbie Warren
- Deborah Winegar
- Dianna Weaver – Fabric Art
- Judith Wood – Pottery
THRIVE’s 2017 Raffle will offer many prizes — quality goods and professional services! Prizes will include yoga (of course), energy and body work services, learning opportunities, counseling sessions, retail items, travel, technology, gift cards and more! As an added enhancement, the 2017 THRIVE raffle will again allow ticket purchasers to direct their tickets to the prizes they most wanted to win! Prizes are being added every day, so check back often for updates!
- Anonymous – Myrtle Beach Condo Weekend (December 9-10, 2017) (Deborah Winegar)
- Airest Dion Skin Studio – 60-Minute Signature Facial Treatment (Michele Hagan)
- Beverly’s Gourmet Foods – Casserole, Quiche & Soup (Barbara Westphal)
- Catherine Anderson – Media Remix (Online Workshop) (April Hughey)
- Catherine Anderson – Creating Your Own Collage Imagery Labyrinth (Online Workshop) (Karen Paar)
- Catherine Anderson – Soul Collage as a Creative Self-Care Practice (Online Workshop) (Catherine Le Roux)
- Carolina Thai Healing Arts – 60-Minute Massage (Michele Hagan)
- Esthetique – One Facial Treatment (Kristen Bryant)
- Teri Fridley – Packet of 10 Handmade Cards (Debbie George)
- JusticeSeeders – Silver Plated “Dignity/Solidarity” Dangle Earrings (Peggie Geiger)
- Nancy Norman, LCSW – Three 1-Hour Counseling Sessions (Michelle Sanders)
- Open Soul Yoga & Home – Yoga Accessories Gift Set (Joan Poteat)
- Tim Rowell – $150 of Hair Stylist Services (April Hughey)
- Jeffrey Shoaf – One Private Yoga Therapy Session (Nancy Norman)
- Marie Theriault – 1-Hour Private Qigong Session (Greg Halame)
- Triskelle Cute Shoes – 1 Pair La Marine Sandals (Molly Geaney)
- Sara Trexler Vavra – 1-Hour of Wellness & Bodywork (Robin Borzotta)
- Style FX Hair Studio – $100 Gift Certificate (Jess Palmisano)
- The Bag Lady – $50 Gift Card (Crystal Sherrod-Kimble)
- Unique Boutique – $50 Gift Card (Barbara Lembo)
- Yoga for Life – Hand-Woven Yoga Rug, 5-Class Pass & More (Carol Hartley)
- Yoga for Life – Capresso EC 100 – Espresso & Cappuccino Machine (Robin Borzotta)
- Yoga for Life – GoPlaySave Coupon Book (Chris Mathis)
- Mystery Gift Card Surprise Package (Hampton Thrower)
- Diana White – Silk Handbag (Barbara Lembo)
Mystery Gift Cards – Students/Clients are donating Gift Cards for all sorts of interesting places and in all denominations. Do you have a Gift Card or two at home that you are not going to use? Someone else might LOVE it! We’re bundling all donated Gift Cards into a Mystery Gift Card Surprise Package worth at least $200 — and the value increases with each generous donation. We would love to have your help!
Some of the finest healers in Charlotte will be on site to offer samples of their amazing services. You may sign up at the event for a 15 minute session of Chair Massage or Reiki. Donations for these services are not required, but are gratefully accepted.
9:00 a.m. to Noon
Christy Duncan – Chair Massage
Christy Duncan Massage
Liz Kriz – Chair Massage
Carolina Thai Healing Arts
Noon to 3:00 p.m.
Blanca Ortiz – Reiki
Barbara Saul – Reiki
Laura Van Swearingen, LMBT – Chair Massage
How Can You Participate?
- Save the Date – The 2017 Date is Saturday, November 4!
- Click HERE to donate online. No amount is too little or too great! In special recognition of your generosity, all donors of $500 or more will receive One Private Yoga Session and all donors of $200 or more will receive a 2-Class Pass.
- Register for a FREE Class — online or at the studio. Click here to register now!
- Purchase Raffle Tickets. Buy early (after October 15) and often!
- Invite everyone you know — friends, neighbors and family. Encourage them to join us in making the 4th Annual THRIVE event a wonderful success in every way!
Thanks in advance for your participation to help yoga teachers support cancer patients in our community!