Welcome to the YOGA ALLIANCE certified
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
You love the deepened breath, the fluid movement, the quiet stillness. You love the luxurious sensation of deep stretch. You love the challenge of holding a posture and the liquid grace of releasing that posture. You love the experience of profound rest. You love yoga!
Do you ever wish that you understood more of the history and philosophy behind the practice of yoga? Would it feel great to practice more frequently – both in classes and at home? How would your life change if you learned to take yogic practices of acceptance, compassion and non-judgment with you into your day? Take it one level deeper – can you see yourself sharing these gifts with others?
Yoga Teachers take these skills and more into their careers as educators, therapists and healers … and they teach yoga classes too!
The information below shares details about how this wonderful (and schedule-friendly) program works. Your questions, whether from your head or your heart, are welcomed and encouraged. Please click “Contact Us” above to send me an email so we can schedule time to talk. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to download a detailed Information Sheet and Application.
If you are a practicing yogi and love your practice,
consider participating in the
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training at
Centered Wellness/Yoga for Life in Charlotte, NC.
The program begins March 10, 2017.
Family, work and financial responsibilities make it unrealistic for most of us to travel to a remote place for an entire month to become a yoga teacher. However, seven weekends closer to home is an achievable goal; it minimizes the complex scheduling and economic challenges of distant travel.
The Yoga Alliance certified Centered Spirit 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training (the “YTT”) will begin in Charlotte on March 10, 2017. Spanning more than 4 months, the format of this distributed learning program supports students in offering much-needed time to integrate learned concepts, complete homework and prepare for assigned assisting and teaching sessions. Feel spacious in learning how to teach yoga, while at the same time practicing and developing proficiency in what you’ve learned.
Here’s the 2017 Weekend Schedule You’ve Been Waiting For!
- March 10-12 *
- March 31 – April 2
- April 21-23
- May 12-14
- June 2-4 *
- June 23-25
- July 21-23
Taught by Karen Williams, Sara Vavra and Debbie George, and assisted by other members of the Yoga for Life team, our YTT places you in experienced and professional hands to learn about postures, breathwork, meditation and anatomy – all foundational topics on your path to teaching yoga. The first half of the YTT offers an effective methodology for teaching postures and pranayamas (breathing exercises). You will learn numerous postures and pranayamas that are appropriate for beginning and intermediate students. In the second half of the program, you will learn about several specialized populations and will design and lead a class that would be appropriate for one of these populations. As a graduate of the YTT, you will be prepared to teach a variety of classes in numerous settings.
Who Should Apply?
The YTT is designed for yoga practitioners who love yoga and love to practice yoga. We help dedicated practitioners develop the skills needed to share yoga with students, clients and others as professional teachers. To enroll in the YTT you must meet the following PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
1) A consistent, hatha yoga practice with at least six months of regular classes with a certified yoga instructor.
2) The ability to demonstrate an experiential understanding of yoga practice and its benefits.
When Will the Program Take Place?
Centered Spirit’s 200-Hour YTT is offered as 7 intensive weekends. All sessions of each weekend must be attended and full participation during each program session is expected.
Training will be held in Charlotte at Centered Wellness/Yoga for Life roughly every third week during the spring/summer of 2017. For planning purposes, dates appear above.
Sessions times for the Weekend Training are as follows. (Brief morning and afternoon breaks have been included in the schedule. Full day sessions will include a 60-minute mid-day meal break.)
Fridays – 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Saturdays – 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Sundays – 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Friday session times on two of the seven weekends (March 10 and June 2) will be 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Session times for Saturdays and Sundays of these weekends remain the same.
How Much Does the 200-Hour YTT Cost?
Tuition for the 200-Hour YTT is $2,699. To reduce your enrollment costs and encourage advance registration, Centered Wellness/Yoga for Life is offering an early registration discount — pay just $2,450 on or before February 10, 2017 ($249 discount). Additionally, participants who pay in full on or before February 24, 2017 will also receive a Non-Transferable 10-Class Pass ($130 Value) for use in satisfying YTT participation requirements.
Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card through Centered Wellness. To cover the actual expense of the transaction, an additional fee of 3% will be charged for payments made by credit card. In order to receive the benefit of the early registration discounts, FULL PAYMENT must be RECEIVED by Centered Wellness on or before the specified date.
What Else Do You Need to Know?
- The Centered Spirit 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is registered with Yoga Alliance and meets or exceeds all requirements for 200-Hour programs.
- In addition to full participation in the Weekend Training specified above and demonstration of increasing competency in teaching, each YTT participant must complete additional requirements during the course of the YTT. The additional requirements include, but are not limited to, journaling, outside class participation and evaluation, assisting, teaching, homework and a research project. Information about each of the additional requirements is outlined in the 2017 Information and Application Form, which is available at the studio or below.
- Centered Spirit will provide each student with a training manual. Replacement manuals cost $50 each.
- Students are required to own the following books/materials (“Collateral Materials”):
– Anatomy of Movement (Calais-Germain – Revised Ed. 2007);
– Kripalu Yoga: A Guide to Practice On and Off the Mat;
– Kripalu Pranayama Beginner Level (CD);
– Daily Greatness Yoga Journal; and
– Yoga Adjustments: Philosophy, Principles and Techniques (Stephens).
The cost of Collateral Materials is not included in the YTT tuition. Collateral Materials may be purchased independently or may be purchased from Centered Wellness for $100.
- Supplemental information will be provided in advance of the Program start. Other books and resources will be recommended, but are not mandatory to read or purchase.
- Each student is responsible for any travel, lodging and food expenses during the training.
- Your place in the program will be confirmed ONLY with a completed and accepted Application. The Application must include a $100 non-refundable Application Fee. If you are accepted into and attend the YTT, the Application Fee will be applied against Program Tuition. Within ten (10) days of written notice of acceptance of your Application, you must tender a $400 non-refundable Deposit to reserve your space in the YTT. Upon receipt of the Deposit, we will reserve your space in the YTT and send written confirmation to you.
- Please see the Information and Application Form for details about the YTT’s Payment Refund Policy
- Program capacity is 6 students minimum and 12 students maximum.